The goal of the GLPI cron¶
GLPI has automatic actions like optimize database, alerts on end of contracts ... The plugin FusionInventory has own actions like:
- taskscheduler used to prepare the tasks (network inventory, deployment...)
- cleantaskjob used to clean logs of the tasks
- cleannetworkportlogs used to clean the logs of ports (network equipments)
- cleanoldagents used to execute the action defined in the configuration (clean after xx days, or change status after xx days)
- wakeupAgents used to wake up the agents (for the tasks)
That's why, these actions must run often.
How to run the GLPI cron?¶
It's not complex, you need create a cron on your operating system run the GLPI cron.
For Linux, add in crontab:
* * * * * cd /var/www/glpi/front/ && /usr/bin/php cron.php &>/dev/null
For windows, create in Task Scheduler all 1 or 5 minutes: